What You Ought to Know:
– Crescendo Health, a real-world information startup that’s drastically reshaping how scientific researchers get entry to hard-to-reach affected person information to help their scientific analysis at present formally introduced its launch with $3.4M in seed funding from Define Ventures in addition to the founders and CEOs of many different well-known organizations.
– Based by the co-founder of Datavant (merged with Ciox in a $7 billion deal), and a high product-management chief from Grand Rounds (merged with Doctor On Demand to kind Included Well being), Crescendo Well being is a public profit company that’s unlocking entry to historically siloed well being information for each sufferers and scientific analysis sponsors. Crescendo companions with analysis sponsors like pharma/biopharma, medical machine makers and contract analysis orgs to get knowledgeable consent from examine members, then collects all of their longitudinal information from their suppliers, payers, EHRs, pharmacy claims, and even earlier scientific trials.
Speed up Scientific Trials By Unlocking Affected person Well being Information
Crescendo Well being collects this data by means of APIs, information partnerships, and different strategies, changing that information right into a format that’s accessible to sufferers and helpful for researchers. Because of this, scientific analysis sponsors obtain an ongoing, longitudinal view of affected person well being that informs extra complete analysis. Sponsors can leverage Crescendo Well being’s mannequin to help a wide range of use instances, together with:
– Well being economics and outcomes analysis that displays the entire affected person journey, together with the true prices of their care.
– Publish-marketing observational research or security registries that cut back the burdens positioned on websites and sufferers, whereas additionally lowering prices for sponsors; and
– Longer-term follow-up or observational extension research that assist researchers perceive the impression of interventions over time.
Traditionally, scientific analysis sponsors have struggled to assemble data from examine members past the restricted factors of contact that happen throughout a examine. This leaves out essential information from members’ different encounters with the healthcare system, together with data from main care or emergency division visits, lab exams, prescription fills and extra.
Crescendo Well being helps fill these gaps for examine sponsors utilizing a novel method made attainable after the implementation of the twenty first Century CURES Act, which empowered sufferers with extra rights to gather and use their well being information. As a part of its core perception that each particular person has an absolute proper to their very own information, the corporate additionally makes the data it gathers accessible to every participant by means of a safe portal.
Crescendo Well being plans to scale its companies all through the life sciences business and can use the funding to construct software program instruments that may allow its shoppers to analysis the longitudinal results of therapies and monitor outcomes over time.