If you happen to couldn’t inform, I’m on a little bit of a curry kick proper now. I imply, what’s to not love?! Tender veggies simmered away in a creamy coconut milk broth stuffed with warming spices — curry is simply a kind of good meals for fall and winter.
To be fairly trustworthy I’ve had a model of this recipe in my archives for some time now, so I’m actually excited to be sharing it with you all now! Meet my vegan butternut squash curry with cauliflower and chickpeas!
She’s a beautiful golden bowl of goodness (say that 5 instances quick) that can heat your own home very quickly. Severely, this unbelievable curry takes nearly half-hour to make proper in a single pot, is nice for meal prep, and is even freezer-friendly! Serve it up along with your fav sides and prepare for a nourishing week.
Substances on this butternut squash curry
Get able to fall in LOVE with all the flavors and veggies on this vegan butternut squash curry recipe. Right here’s what you’ll have to make it:
- Greens: we’re loading this yellow curry up with an onion, carrot, recent butternut squash, cauliflower, and spinach.
- Herbs & spices: get all of these great flavors from garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne pepper.
- Coconut milk: the curry is simmered in a can of full-fat coconut milk for all that creamy goodness.
- Broth: you’ll additionally want vegetable broth (or hen broth, if not vegan/vegetarian) to simmer all the substances.
- Peanut butter: I really like so as to add a little bit pure creamy peanut butter for a deep umami taste.
- Soy sauce: for added savoriness, we’re including a pair tablespoons of gluten free soy sauce. You may as well use coconut aminos.
- Chickpeas: every serving packs 13g of plant-based protein from chickpeas!
- To garnish: I wish to high my bowl with recent cilantro and chopped peanuts.
Learn to peel and minimize a butternut squash
We’re including recent cubed butternut squash to this curry recipe, so make sure you head to this put up to study the simplest, most secure approach to peel and minimize your squash!
No squash? No drawback.
The butternut squash can simply be swapped for recent cubed pumpkin or candy potato.
Select your protein
Be happy so as to add or swap the chickpeas for cubed tofu, diced or shredded hen, and even shrimp!
Simple butternut squash curry made in a single pot
- Cook dinner the veggies. Begin by cooking down the onion, carrot, cauliflower, and butternut squash in a little bit coconut oil till they start to melt. Stir within the garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne pepper.
- Simmer the curry. Stir within the coconut milk, broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Deliver every thing to a simmer for a couple of minutes, then stir within the chickpeas and simmer for 10 extra minutes.
- Add spinach, serve & devour. Proper earlier than you’re able to serve, stir within the spinach and cook dinner till it wilts, style and alter any seasonings, then serve it up. High your bowl with cilantro and chopped peanuts in case you’d like!
Our favourite methods to serve this butternut squash curry
This attractive curry is scrumptious as is, however I really like serving it with one in all these sides:
The best way to retailer & freeze butternut squash curry
- Within the fridge: retailer this yellow butternut squash curry within the fridge for as much as 4 days in an hermetic container.
- Within the freezer: Make sure to not overcook the greens. Let the curry cool utterly earlier than transferring it to a freezer-safe reusable bag or hermetic glass container. Freeze for as much as 2 months. To reheat it, merely thaw the curry within the fridge. Whereas the curry is thawing, be happy to make rice, cauliflower rice, or quinoa to serve with it. Reheat on the stovetop or within the microwave for two minutes till heated by.
Extra vegan meals you’ll love
Get all of my vegan dinners right here!
I hope you’re keen on this one pot butternut squash curry recipe! If you happen to make it make sure you go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you favored it. Get pleasure from, xo!
One Pot Butternut Squash Yellow Curry
Nourishing one pot butternut squash curry stuffed with warming flavors from ginger, curry powder, turmeric, and creamy coconut milk. This veggie-packed butternut squash curry is the proper vegan dinner with loads of protein from chickpeas. Get pleasure from it by itself or with rice or naan!
- For the curry:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 massive carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cubed recent butternut squash
- 3 cups cauliflower florets (from 1 small head cauliflower)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- ½ teaspoon floor turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus extra in case you prefer it a little bit spicy
- 1 (15 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetarian broth
- 2 tablespoons pure creamy peanut butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos, to style
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus extra to style
- Freshly floor black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 cups recent spinach, chopped
- To garnish:
- Chopped peanuts
Add coconut oil to a big deep skillet, pot or dutch oven and place over medium warmth. As soon as coconut oil is melted, add within the onion, carrot, cauliflower florets, and butternut squash and saute, stirring sometimes, till cauliflower and butternut squash start to melt, this could take 5 to 10 minutes. Subsequent, stir within the garlic and ginger, curry powder turmeric and cayenne and cook dinner, stirring regularly, for 1 minute to launch flavors.
Stir within the coconut milk, broth, peanut butter, soy sauce (or coconut aminos) salt and pepper; stir effectively to mix. Deliver to a mild simmer and proceed to cook dinner 5 minutes extra, then stir in chickpeas and simmer over medium-low warmth for 10 extra minutes.
Earlier than serving, stir in spinach and cook dinner for two minutes or till spinach wilts, then style, and alter seasonings, including extra salt and pepper, if vital.
Ladle into bowls or divide into meal prep containers with rice. Serve with rice and garnish with cilantro and chopped peanuts.
See the complete put up with suggestions, tips, and our favourite methods to serve this curry!
Serving: 1servingEnergy: 469calCarbohydrates: 38.6gProtein: 13.6gFats: 32.8gSaturated Fats: 23.8gFiber: 11.2gSugar: 5.2g