By this level, you may just about name me the zucchini queenie.
Or zucchini wizard. Trigger we’re about to get all Harry Potter up in right here.
I first shared this crustless, wholesome zucchini pie about 4 years after it was really the *bonus* recipe for a earlier Zucchini Week. It was so good that I knew it needed to have a everlasting house on the weblog. We critically make a model of this recipe again and again this time of yr as a result of veggies are SO recent and delightful and there are a whole lot of various methods to customise this pie!
This beautiful, savory pie has bites of candy corn and juicy tomato that I really like, plus tender bell pepper, savory mushrooms, and naturally, loads of zucchini to prime it off. I added cheddar cheese for that melty goodness, too, however you may actually use your favourite cheese right here. I included tons of how to make it your personal all through the put up, plus simple ideas for freezing it (AKA it’s good for meal prep).
FREE Zucchini Recipe E-Ebook
Enroll beneath and get a FREE downloadable, printable e-book with my finest zucchini recipes (candy and savory!)
Welcome to the AK Summer time Collection
For the remainder of the summer time, we’ll be dedicating every week to pick summer time produce! Week 4 is HERE and we’re celebrating lovely zucchini beginning with this savory zucchini pie recipe. Keep tuned on the weblog and on Instagram for every week’s produce spotlight, enjoyable movies, and extra.
Crustless zucchini pie components
This scrumptious vegetarian zucchini pie is made with recent, easy components that you just most likely have both in your backyard or in your fridge. It’s similar to a quiche however made with none form of crust, which means it’s gentle, gluten free, full of protein and ALL the veggies your coronary heart can dream of. Listed here are the primary components you’ll want:
- Inexperienced onion (or sub common onion)
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Pink bell pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- Recent basil
- Coconut flour (or common flour)
Customise your wholesome zucchini pie
Mainly, any means you make this zucchini pie it’s going to be completely scrumptious and ideal for any meal of the day. Listed here are some simple methods to make it your personal:
- Select your veggies: be at liberty to make use of any veggies you will have out there to you! We additionally love spinach, kale, and chopped broccoli.
- Strive a enjoyable cheese: check out feta, pepper jack, spicy cheese, and even parmesan. YUM.
- Add a lift of protein: this zucchini pie could be scrumptious together with your favourite breakfast meats like ham, bacon, or crumbled sausage.
Can I add a crust?
Certain! Be at liberty to attempt my candy potato crust from this recipe, or perhaps a conventional, buttery, flakey pie crust like this one. You probably have a go-to recipe, merely pour the zucchini pie combination into the crust and bake it up.
How you can make crustless zucchini pie
- Prep your pan. Begin by greasing a 9 inch deep dish pie pan or springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook dinner many of the veggies. Cook dinner all these veggies apart from the zucchini with olive oil, salt, and pepper till the mushrooms being to melt. Set them apart.
- Make the egg combination. Whisk collectively the eggs, milk, flour, basil, 1/2 cup shredded cheese and a bit of salt & pepper.
- Assemble the pie. Pour the veggies into your pie pan (together with the zucchini!) and unfold them out. Then pour the egg combination over, prime with extra cheese & bake.
- Cool, slice & take pleasure in! The zucchini pie will probably be finished when the egg puffs up and turns into barely golden. Let it cool, then slice and revel in together with your fav sides!
How you can retailer, freeze & reheat this zucchini pie
You possibly can retailer this crustless zucchini pie both within the fridge for 3-5 days, or within the freezer for as much as 2-3 months.
- To refrigerate: to refrigerate the complete zucchini pie, merely cool it fully, cowl it with tin foil, and retailer it in your fridge for as much as 3-5 days. If you’re able to reheat it, place the complete zucchini pie within the oven at 350 levels for 15-20 minutes. You should definitely cowl the complete zucchini pie with tin foil to keep away from any burning within the oven. Alternatively, you may reheat particular person slices within the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute till heated via.
- To freeze slices: cowl the slices in plastic wrap and tinfoil, after which place them into hermetic containers or ziploc baggage within the freezer. To reheat: unwrap your frozen slice and place it on a microwave secure dish at 30-second intervals for about 1 minute till heated via.
- To freeze the entire pie: be sure it cools fully, then wrap in plastic wrap and canopy tightly with tinfoil. If you need to reheat, thaw out a bit, then place within the oven for 20-Half-hour at 350 levels F till it’s heated via.
What to serve with crustless zucchini pie
Usually occasions I’ll take pleasure in a slice of this zucchini pie with sizzling sauce drizzled over it and a facet of avocado toast or my zucchini pancakes (as a result of double the zucchini, double the enjoyable) however you may be at liberty to serve with something you’d like. Listed here are some recommendations:
Extra zucchini recipes you’ll love
Get all of my zucchini recipes right here!
I hope you take pleasure in this summer time backyard crustless zucchini pie! See you again right here tomorrow for one more scrumptious recipe that includes zucchini! xo!
Summer time Backyard Crustless Zucchini Pie
Straightforward low carb crustless zucchini pie full of a rainbow of summer time greens. This wholesome zucchini pie recipe is full of protein and simple to customise with tons of various add-ins. It is freezer-friendly and ideal for breakfast or brunch!
- Cooking spray
- ½ tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch inexperienced onions, diced (reserve some inexperienced scallions for topping)
- 1 cup sliced child bella mushrooms
- ¾ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ small crimson bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup candy corn, recent or frozen
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- Freshly floor salt and black pepper
- 6 massive eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- 2 tablespoons sifted coconut flour (or sub 1/4 cup common flour)
- 3-5 massive basil leaves, julienned
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 375 levels Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 inch deep dish pie pan (or a 9 inch springform pan) with nonstick cooking spray.
Add olive oil to a big skillet and place over medium excessive warmth. As soon as sizzling, add garlic, inexperienced onions and sauté till aromatic. Then add in mushrooms, tomatoes, crimson bell pepper and corn; season with a bit of salt and pepper and prepare dinner for a couple of minutes till the mushrooms start to melt. (We’re not cooking the zucchini!) Take away veggies from warmth and put aside.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively eggs, almond milk, flour, basil, 1/2 cup shredded cheese and a bit of salt & pepper.
Add all the veggies (together with the zucchini) to the greased pie pan and unfold out evenly. Subsequent pour your egg combination excessive of the veggies. Sprinkle the highest with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake for 35-50 minutes or till egg units, puffs up, and turns into barely golden. Take away from warmth and permit to chill for 10 minutes earlier than reducing into 6 slices. Enable pie to fully cool earlier than overlaying and storing within the fridge.
To freeze particular person slices: cowl them in plastic wrap and tinfoil, after which place them into hermetic containers or ziploc baggage within the freezer. To reheat: unwrap your frozen slice and place on a microwave secure dish at 30-second intervals for about 1 minute till heated via.
See the total put up for extra methods to customise and what to serve with this zucchini pie.
Serving: 1sliceEnergy: 176kcalCarbohydrates: 7.8gProtein: 11.4gFats: 11.4gSaturated Fats: 5.2gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 1.4g
This put up was initially revealed on August 4th, 2019, republished on August twenty fifth, 2022, and republished with new photographs on July thirtieth, 2023.