This simple, high-protein, Tropical Chia Pudding Breakfast Bowl is creamy and scrumptious, made with chia seeds, Greek yogurt, mango and kiwi.
Tropical Chia Pudding Breakfast Bowl
I really like chia pudding, however it doesn’t have a lot protein when made with almond or oat milk. And I like to start out the day with a superb dose of protein in my breakfast, so I assumed, “Why not add a pure increase from Greek yogurt to my pudding?” The outcomes have been scrumptious! The yogurt provides a whopping 12 grams of protein per serving and creates a thicker, creamier pudding consistency, offering the proper base layer for the tropical fruit topping. And toasted coconut is the proper finale, giving it a bit texture and a scrumptious, nutty taste. If you need extra chia recipes, attempt my Mango Coconut Chia Pudding or this 15-Minute Protein Chia Seed Cereal.
Why I Love Chia Breakfast Bowls
There are such a lot of causes I really like these simple chia seed breakfast bowls. Let me depend the methods!
- Wholesome: Chia seeds pack a ton of fiber, omega-3s, and protein, plus nutritional vitamins and minerals. Mix that with the protein from Greek yogurt and milk, and also you get 18 grams of protein from one bowl.
- Excessive Fiber: These small little seeds pack numerous fiber! One bowl of this chia pudding pack a whopping 12 grams of fiber, that’s about half of my day by day fiber objective (I purpose for 25 grams or extra)!
- Fast: A high-protein breakfast in underneath 10 minutes? Doesn’t get a lot quicker than that!
- No Cooking Required: All you need to do is stir pudding components and chop fruit. And sure, you do should activate the range to toast the coconut, however if you happen to actually don’t need to, you possibly can skip that step.
- Breakfast on the Go: Pre-portion the bowls forward of time, and all you need to do is seize a spoon earlier than you allow the home.
- Make Forward: Extra on meal prepping these bowls beneath, however they’re an awesome make-ahead breakfast.
Tropical Chia Pudding Components
- Chia Seeds: You’ll want 1 / 4 cup of chia seeds for the pudding.
- Milk: I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk, however any type will work. Use dairy, oat, hemp, and so on.
- Yogurt: I used nonfat plain Greek yogurt with probiotics, you should use dairy-free yogurt to make it DF however the protein shall be much less.
- Sweetener: Monk fruit, stevia, maple syrup, or honey will work.
- Fruit: Kiwi, mango are used right here however papaya or pineapple might additionally work!
- Coconut: Prime the bowls with shredded, unsweetened coconut.
The best way to Make Chia Pudding Bowls
- Chia Pudding: Whisk chia seeds, almond milk, yogurt, and sweetener in a big container and refrigerate for at least two hours or so long as in a single day.
- Toasted Coconut: Warmth a small skillet on medium-low and toast the coconut for about 4 minutes till golden brown.
- Assemble the Breakfast Bowls: Divide the pudding into two small bowls and high with kiwi, mango, and coconut. Drizzle with a bit additional sweetener if desired.
Meal Prep Chia Breakfast Bowls
You possibly can refrigerate chia pudding for as much as 4 days. So, go forward and double or triple this recipe, and don’t fear about breakfast for the following few days. You can too reduce the fruit up forward of time and refrigerate it and toast the coconut and retailer it in an hermetic container.
- Fruit: Swap mango or kiwi for pineapple, papaya, or cantaloupe to maintain it tropical or a mixture of recent berries.
- Coconut: You can too toast the coconut within the oven at 325°F for about 5 to 10 minutes. And if all you may have is sweetened coconut, it can work.
- Milk: Use 2%, oat, or coconut milk if you happen to favor.
Extra Chia Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 2 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 bowl
In a big mason jar or container, add the chia seeds, almond milk, yogurt and sweetener of your selection.
Whisk till totally mixed, scraping sides of the jar with a spoon or spatula, if wanted, to include all of the chia seeds.
Refrigerate for no less than 2 hours or as much as in a single day.
In the meantime, in a small skillet over medium low warmth, toast the coconut till golden brown, about 4 minutes. Let cool and retailer in a zipper high bag or small Tupperware container till prepared to make use of.
When able to eat, switch pudding into 2 small serving bowls, about 1 cup every.
Prime every with kiwi, mango and shredded coconut, dividing the fruit evenly among the many 2 bowls.
Elective: Drizzle with a bit additional syrup (or honey), if desired and serve.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us understand how you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 bowl, Energy: 305 kcal, Carbohydrates: 35 g, Protein: 18 g, Fats: 13 g, Saturated Fats: 4 g, Ldl cholesterol: 7 mg, Sodium: 110 mg, Fiber: 12 g, Sugar: 19 g