We’ve been on a comfy fall breakfast kick and I’m not mad about it. With the times feeling shorter and chilly mornings right here, there’s actually nothing fairly like a heat, tremendous nourishing breakfast to get up to.
Are you prepared for a beautiful baked oatmeal that tastes like dessert?! Good. I primarily took my pumpkin pie recipe as inspiration and made it into an unbelievable baked oatmeal that tastes like pumpkin pie for breakfast!
This pumpkin baked oatmeal has every little thing you may need in an oatmeal bake. It’s crammed with cozy spices, is completely candy, and has the BEST texture that looks like a cross between pumpkin bread and oatmeal. I first examined the recipe a few months again with our full workforce and the three of us fell in LOVE.
Since then I added an attractive, mild cream cheese glaze for an additional deal with and this recipe shortly turned one in all my fav oatmeal bakes I’ve ever made. One of the best elements? It makes use of a complete can of pumpkin, so that you gained’t really feel such as you’re losing that final little bit! I additionally examined it as pumpkin oatmeal muffins and it got here out unbelievable. Sidney and Viggo wolfed up the muffins for breakfast one week so they’re successful.
Make a batch to your breakfast meal prep this week and be at liberty to avoid wasting for later in case you’d like! Watch your kiddos (or your roommate) devour.
FREE Pumpkin Recipe E-E-book
Join under and get a FREE printable e-book with my finest candy and savory pumpkin recipes straight to your inbox!
Fall in LOVE with pumpkin pie (for breakfast)
This hearty and scrumptious pumpkin baked oatmeal turned out even higher than I may’ve imagined. It’s:
- Made with a complete can of pumpkin, so no must let any go to waste! Pumpkin provides an enormous enhance of vitamin A, vitamin C, antioxidants, and fiber, so you’re getting the products with the entire can on this recipe.
- Straightforward to show into muffins, which is Sidney and Viggo’s favourite solution to eat it.
- Freezer-friendly and nice for meal prep! Get pleasure from all of it week or freeze slices for fast breakfasts down the street.
The whole lot you’ll must make pumpkin baked oatmeal
This warming pumpkin oatmeal bake is actually the proper solution to get up. It’s flavorful, filling, and SO straightforward to make. Right here’s every little thing you’ll must make it:
- Pumpkin puree: as I discussed, you’ll want one complete can of pumpkin puree on this recipe. Be happy to additionally make your individual pumpkin puree utilizing this tutorial!
- Eggs: you’ll want 2 eggs on this pumpkin oatmeal bake.
- Sweetener: we’re naturally sweetening the baked oatmeal with some coconut sugar and pure maple syrup. It’s also possible to use brown sugar instead of the coconut sugar.
- Rolled oats: the important thing to excellent baked oatmeal! Be happy to make use of gluten free rolled oats to maintain the recipe gluten free.
- Spices: a complete tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice?! Sure, please. See under for a straightforward solution to make your individual, too.
- Baking staples: don’t neglect the vanilla extract, baking powder (not soda!) and salt.
- Optionally available additions: I really like to combine in chopped pecans and prime the baked oatmeal with a beautiful cream cheese glaze. For the glaze, you’ll simply want cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and a little bit milk. So good!
Make your individual pumpkin pie spice
For those who don’t have store-bought pumpkin pie spice you may merely combine collectively 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, ½ teaspoon floor ginger and ½ teaspoon allspice. Straightforward!
Can I exploit fast or metal reduce oats?
I might not advocate utilizing metal reduce oats as a result of the feel of this pumpkin oatmeal bake won’t be very completely different. Be happy to make use of fast oats when you’ve got them readily available, however I’d advocate including a bit greater than the recipe requires.
Scrumptious methods to jazz up your pumpkin oatmeal bake
This pumpkin pie baked oatmeal is nice for including your fav mix-ins and toppings! Listed here are a few of my fav methods to take pleasure in it:
- Swap the glaze: I really like this served heat with peanut or almond butter unfold on prime, plus a drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkle of sea salt. SO GOOD!
- Get cozy: serve a slice of the baked oatmeal in a bowl with a little bit milk. OMG!
- Make it indulgent: be at liberty to throw in ½ cup chocolate chips earlier than baking. Pumpkin + chocolate chips = match made in heaven.
Need to make pumpkin oatmeal muffins?
It’s really easy and nice for teenagers! Sidney and Viggo LOVED this baked oatmeal as muffins. Merely:
- Prep your pan. Add muffin liners to a muffin tin and spray with cooking spray to forestall sticking.
- Divide the batter. Divide the pumpkin oatmeal bake batter into the muffin tin — you need to get round 10-12 oatmeal cups.
- Bake & serve. Bake for 20-25 minutes till the oatmeal cups are set and revel in!
Make certain the pumpkin baked oatmeal has cooled fully, after which cowl the pan with tinfoil earlier than transferring it to the fridge. It’ll keep good coated within the fridge for 4-5 days. It’s also possible to retailer particular person slices in airtight containers for ease, and easily reheat particular person slices within the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Freezer-friendly pumpkin baked oatmeal
- To freeze: as soon as the baked oatmeal has fully cooled, reduce it into 6 or 8 squares and wrap every sq. in plastic wrap and tinfoil. It’s also possible to freeze the whole baked oatmeal for later by wrapping it effectively and inserting it within the freezer.
- To reheat: whenever you’re able to eat it, place an unwrapped frozen sq. of the pumpkin oatmeal bake on a microwave protected dish and microwave it at 30 second intervals for 1-2 minutes. To reheat the whole baked oatmeal, merely reheat it within the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 levels F whereas it’s coated with tinfoil.
Extra oatmeal recipes to attempt
Get all of my oatmeal recipes right here, and much more pumpkin recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on this pumpkin pie baked oatmeal recipe! For those who make it make sure to go away a remark and a score so I understand how you appreciated it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal
Cozy and scrumptious pumpkin baked oatmeal that actually tastes like your favourite pumpkin pie! This nutritious pumpkin oatmeal bake makes use of up a complete can of pumpkin puree and is crammed with warming spices. Choices so as to add chopped nuts and a beautiful cream cheese glaze for an additional deal with! The right wholesome breakfast for fall that is freezer-friendly.
- For the moist components:
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup milk of selection
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar (or sub brown sugar)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the dry components:
- 2 ½ cups quaint rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Optionally available mix-ins:
- Optionally available, however really helpful: ½ cup chopped pecans
- Optionally available cream cheese glaze:
- 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons milk of selection, to skinny glaze
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Grease a 9×9 inch pan and put aside.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the pumpkin, eggs, milk of selection, coconut sugar, pure maple syrup, and vanilla till effectively mixed.
Add the dry components to the bowl with the moist components: oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt. Combine till mixed, then fold in chopped pecans, if utilizing.
Pour combination into ready pan and easy prime. Bake for 35-45 minutes or till the sides are barely golden brown and the center is about. Permit to chill for 10 minutes whilst you make the elective cream cheese glaze, if utilizing.
In a small bowl, whisk collectively the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk till easy. Drizzle over the baked oatmeal and prime with further chopped pecans, if desired. Lower into slices and revel in! Serves 6-8.
Be happy to skip the cream cheese glaze: I really like this served heat with peanut or almond butter unfold on prime, plus a drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkle of sea salt. SO GOOD! It’s additionally great served in a bowl with a little bit milk. OMG!
Make it indulgent: be at liberty to throw in ½ cup chocolate chips earlier than baking. Pumpkin + chocolate chips = match made in heaven.
Serving: 1serving (with out nuts or glaze)Energy: 290calCarbohydrates: 54.7gProtein: 8.3gFats: 4.8gSaturated Fats: 0.9gFiber: 6.7gSugar: 21.5g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats
This put up was initially printed on October 4th, 2022, and republished on September twenty seventh, 2023.