Ummm, hello! Final fall I created one of the vital scrumptious, addicting dip recipes of all time, and I’m right here to remind you to make it ASAP. Significantly. Keep in mind my well-known vegan cashew cheese sauce? I took that creamy goodness and added warming spices, further jalapeño, a bit salsa and…await it…roasted. butternut. squash.
Name me the queen of cozy flavors as a result of this vegan queso recipe is mainly your fav queso with a flavorful, fall twist due to butternut squash.
Not solely is that this butternut squash queso vegan and dairy free, but it surely’s additionally filled with wholesome fat from uncooked cashews and loads of vitamins from the squash itself. No judgment in the event you determine to eat it with a spoon! It’s additionally the right dip for chips and sauce for nachos, burritos, tacos and extra. I’ve included tons of scrumptious methods to get pleasure from it, plus concepts for utilizing up the remainder of your roasted butternut squash!
Whip up the most effective vegan queso recipe for soccer Sunday, or actually any vacation, and watch family and friends devour.
The whole lot you’ll have to make vegan queso
We’re skipping the dairy and utilizing my fav fall produce, fantastic spices and scrumptious mix-ins to make this vegan butternut squash queso. Right here’s every little thing you’ll have to make it:
- Cashews: the bottom of this vegan queso recipe is raw cashews, similar to in my vegan cashew cheese sauce!
- Butternut squash: we’re including a fall kick with cozy roasted butternut squash. Don’t neglect to take a look at our suggestions beneath for reducing, peeling & roasting it your self.
- Dietary yeast: that true “tacky” taste, that retains the queso dairy-free, comes from nutritional yeast.
- Produce: I like including in jalapeño for a slight kick, and garlic for the savory ingredient.
- Spices: right here’s the place issues get enjoyable — we’re including paprika, floor turmeric, onion powder, chili powder, and loads of salt and pepper for an out-of-this-world scrumptious taste within the queso.
- Dairy free milk: you’ll additionally wish to add a neutral-flavored, dairy free milk to assist every little thing mix collectively properly. I counsel unsweetened almond milk or cashew milk.
- Combine-ins: to tug all of it collectively you’ll combine in your favourite salsa (I like chunky medium salsa), scallions, contemporary cilantro and some slices of standard or pickled jalapeños. YUM. You possibly can additionally add some diced tomatoes for extra contemporary bites!
Simple methods to roast butternut squash
You could have a few totally different choices for roasting up your butternut squash to make use of on this vegan queso dip. You’ll be able to both:
- Roast butternut squash halves OR
- Roast butternut squash cubes
Head to this submit for all of our greatest suggestions & methods for both choice! Notice that in the event you roast each butternut squash halves. You’ll solely want about 1 1/2 cups mashed from one half, and in the event you roast cubes you’ll simply want 2 cups of cubed, roasted butternut squash.
Extra methods to make use of roasted butternut squash
Though you’ll solely want about half of your roasted butternut squash, be at liberty to make use of the remainder in one in all these wonderful recipes:
Get all of my butternut squash recipes right here!
Methods to make vegan butternut squash queso
Now that we’ve lined the roasting a part of this recipe, the remainder is very easy!
- Prep the cashews. Whereas your butternut squash is roasting you’ll wish to add your cashews to a medium pot of water. Deliver them to a boil, then flip the warmth off and let the cashews sit for 30-45 minutes. This can make sure that they’re gentle and simple to mix into the vegan queso.
- Mix the queso. Add the soaked, drained cashews to a high-speed blender with flesh from half of your roasted butternut squash, and the remainder of the elements moreover the mix-ins. Mix all of it on excessive till the queso is well-combined, then style & regulate seasonings to your style desire.
- Warmth & serve. In case you’re going to serve it instantly, switch the queso to a large pot and warmth it over medium warmth. Combine within the salsa, then add it to a bowl along with your fav garnishes like cilantro and jalapeño slices. See our fav methods to serve it beneath!
Serving a celebration?
Be at liberty to switch the vegan queso to a slow cooker and hold it on heat! Simply you’ll want to stir it now and again. The recipe makes about 3 cups of vegan queso, so be at liberty to double it or halve it relying on how a lot you need.
Scrumptious methods to get pleasure from this vegan queso
This simple vegan butternut squash queso recipe is the right dairy free substitute for any recipe that makes use of cheese sauce. Listed here are some wonderful methods to get pleasure from it:
- As a dip (after all) with tortilla chips, candy potato fries, pita bread, crackers and even pretzel bites
- Over nachos or as a sauce for enchiladas, tacos, or quesadillas
- On burrito bowls or your fav grain bowls
Storing & reheating suggestions
- To retailer: when you have leftovers or just wish to make this forward of time, merely skip the step of heating the queso and as an alternative switch it to an airtight container for later. This can keep good within the fridge for five days.
- To reheat: warmth the vegan queso on the stovetop as written whenever you’re able to get pleasure from it!
Extra dip recipes
Get all of our scrumptious dip recipes right here!
I hope you like this vegan jalapeño butternut squash queso! In case you make it you’ll want to depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you favored it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Vegan Jalapeno Butternut Squash Queso
Complete Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Wonderful vegan butternut squash queso crammed with unimaginable taste from roasted butternut squash, jalapeño, your fav salsa and tons of warming spices. This fall-inspired vegan queso recipe is the right approach to make use of up further butternut squash and is scrumptious served with chips, on nachos, in quesadillas and extra!
- For the queso:
mashed roasted butternut squash* (choices for roasting in directions)
unsweetened almond milk (or impartial dairy free milk of alternative)
jalapeño, chopped (you’ll be able to deseed in case you are delicate to spice)
salt, plus extra to style
- Freshly floor black pepper
- For mix-ins:
salsa of alternative (I desire a chunky medium salsa)
- Recent chopped cilantro
- A couple of slices of jalapeno or pickled jalapeno
- For serving:
- Tortilla chips
To make with a complete butternut squash: Preheat the oven to 400 levels F. Use a pointy knife to chop off each ends of a butternut squash, you’ll reduce about ¼-½ inch off every finish. Subsequent reduce the butternut squash in half vertically. Place the butternut squash upright or vertically on a wood reducing board that’s very secured to your counter. We don’t need the reducing board or squash to wobble as you narrow it. Use your knife to chop the butternut squash vertically down the center. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds of the reduce butternut squash. Place the butternut squash halves on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast the squash for 50 minutes-1 hour or till the squash could be very fork tender. Put aside to chill for a bit bit earlier than scooping out the flesh. Please be aware you’ll solely use the flesh from 1 butternut squash half. Save the opposite half for a special recipe.
To make with cubed butternut squash: Add 2 cups of cubed butternut squash to a big baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and use your palms to coat the cubes. Roast at 400 levels F for 30-40 minutes, flipping midway by means of. Squash is completed when it is rather fork tender.
Whereas your butternut squash is roasting: fill a medium pot with water and add in your uncooked cashews. Place over excessive warmth and produce water to a boil. As soon as boiling, instantly flip off the warmth; let the cashews sit for 30-45 minutes within the heat water, then drain.
As soon as the cashews have completed soaking you will be able to make the queso: add drained cashews, flesh from 1 half of the roasted butternut squash (about 1 ½ cups mashed or roughly 2 cups cubed roasted butternut squash), garlic, dietary yeast, almond milk, jalapeno, turmeric, paprika, onion powder, chili powder, dijon mustard, salt and black pepper to a excessive powered blender. Mix on excessive till a sauce comes collectively. If you need a thinner queso, add a bit extra almond milk. Style and regulate seasonings as crucial. Generally I like so as to add extra salt or add in a touch of scorching sauce to make it spicy; it’s actually as much as you!
You’ll be able to both retailer this within the fridge to reheat later at this level, or to serve instantly you’ll be able to switch to a big pot or skillet and place over medium warmth. Combine within the salsa after which stir incessantly till warmed by means of to your liking. Switch dip to a big shallow bowl and garnish extra salsa in the event you like, plus scallions, jalapeno slices and cilantro. Please be aware: you can too switch the combination to a sluggish cooker and carry on heat to serve at a celebration. Simply ensure you stir now and again!
Be at liberty to serve this with chips or over nachos, on burrito bowls, in quesadillas, enchiladas, and so on. You may as well halve this recipe to make much less. Makes about 3 cups of vegan queso.
Methods to retailer: when you have leftovers or just wish to make this forward of time, merely don’t warmth and switch to an hermetic container for later. This can keep good within the fridge for five days.
Servings: 8 servings
Serving measurement: 1 serving (primarily based on 8)
Saturated fats: 2.5g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats