Made with nutrient-packed spinach, protein-rich Greek yogurt, and flavorful herbs and spices, this Wholesome Spinach Dip is each scrumptious and good for you!
Creamy, Scrumptious & Wholesome Spinach Dip
Spinach Dip is a favourite appetizer at our home. It’s creamy and savory and has a scrumptious manner of bettering just about something we’ve dunked in it. Full Disclaimer: Our dippers had been principally of the bread and produce selection. I can virtually say with certainty- though this hasn’t been tested- Oreo cookies wouldn’t be improved by the addition of spinach dip. Nonetheless in case you are courageous sufficient to aim this mixture and discover it wildly scrumptious, please tell us.
Again to this dip. As scrumptious because it was, wholesome it was not. So I did what I do and made a couple of adjustments. Much less cream cheese, eliminated the mayonnaise fully, and changed it with Greek Yogurt. Then I seasoned it liberally, stirred in some nutrient-packed spinach and crunchy water chestnuts and this Wholesome Spinach Dip was born. The Greek yogurt provides a tangy taste that I completely love, and it’s each bit as scrumptious because the calorie-dense authentic. For those who’re on the lookout for vacation appetizer, potluck providing, or weekday veggie-improver, you’ve come to the appropriate place. Our Wholesome Spinach Dip is creamy, tangy, flavorful, and scrumptious. And did I point out simple?
Substances You’ll Want for this Wholesome Spinach Dip:
- Cream Cheese– We use common, full fats cream cheese on this recipe.
- Greek Yogurt– We like to make use of complete milk Greek yogurt.
- Spinach– I like to purchase recent spinach and throw it within the freezer for smoothies. It’s good for this dip!
- Water Chestnuts– These have a really gentle taste, however add a scrumptious crunch.
- Onion & Garlic Powder– Utilizing powdered components right here add a scrumptious, extra intense taste.
- Dried Parsley– You may also use recent.
- Sea Salt– You may also add floor pepper to style.
Easy methods to Make Creamy Spinach Dip:
- Prep the components. Defrost the spinach and squeeze out extra moisture with a clear kitchen towel. Give the spinach a tough chop. Finely cube the water chestnuts.
- Beat the creamy components. Add softened cream cheese to a medium sized mixing bowl. Beat with a handheld electrical mixer till clean and creamy. Add the greek yogurt and the seasonings; beat till effectively mixed.
- Add the spinach. Add the spinach and water chestnuts and stir till mixed.
- Chill. Chill the spinach dip for at the least half-hour or till able to serve.
- Serve. Serve spinach dip with crackers, bread cubes, carrots, celery, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas, or anything you may consider!
Suggestions & Strategies
How lengthy does Wholesome Spinach Dip final within the fridge? Leftover Spinach Dip will final for 3-4 days when saved in an hermetic container within the fridge.
What ought to I serve with spinach dip? Just about all the things we’ve got dipped on this creamy, savory dip has been exceptionally scrumptious. Listed below are a few of our favorites:
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Sliced Bell Peppers
- Sliced Radishes
- Bagel Chips
- Assorted Crackers
- Recent Bread Chunks
Substitutions & Variations: It is a fairly forgiving recipe, so be happy to play with the completely different components or substitute them to suit your style. Bitter cream, mayonnaise, or dairy substitutes can all be used, simply attempt to preserve the quantity roughly the identical. You may also play with the flavour profile by including components like crumbled bacon, diced jalapeños, or chopped artichokes.
Wrap it up! Attempt utilizing leftover spinach dip for sandwiches! Unfold spinach dip on a tortilla and high with rotisserie rooster or sliced turkey. Add assorted greens as desired, then roll it up and serve.
Extra Scrumptious Dip Recipes:
Wholesome Spinach Dip
Made with nutrient-packed spinach, protein-rich Greek yogurt, and flavorful herbs and spices, this Wholesome Spinach Dip is each tasty and good for you.
Place the frozen spinach in a strainer. Run heat water over it till the spinach is defrosted. Squeeze the surplus liquid from the spinach with paper towel or a clear kitchen towel till it’s principally dry. I like to cut the spinach at this level into small items, as a result of nobody likes to take a bit chew of a spinach clump!
In a medium mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese and beat with a hand mixer till clean. Add Greek yogurt, salt, onion and garlic powder, and dried parsley. Combine till mixed.
Add chopped spinach, and diced water chestnuts and stir till all the things is effectively mixed. Switch to a serving bowl and refrigerate for half-hour or till you’re able to serve.
Serve with crackers, bread cubes, and your favourite recent veggies. Get pleasure from!
Energy: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 10g | Fats: 7g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Trans Fats: 0.003g | Ldl cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 698mg | Potassium: 329mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4689IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 1mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you’ll discover plenty of scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your children to eat higher and grow to be intuitive eaters and many sources for feeding your loved ones.
Study Extra about Natalie